You're listening to Woven, a podcast from Canaan. WoVen stands for Women Who Venture, and represents a platform, a community and really a celebration of venturesome and adventurous women in healthcare, tech and business.
This is a highlights miniseries drawing together the wisdom and experiences of past guests. We've picked a few of the most inspirational, powerful, and hilarious moments that feature these women's stories and how they can translate to our own lives.
Over the course of the past five episodes we’ve explored resilience, self-care, prejudice, work-life balance, community, and, in this final episode, we consider just what it takes to step into the unknown.
There are points in life where we find ourselves unsure whether to continue along our projected paths or make a daring leap towards something else. Sometimes we surprise our loved ones and colleagues, and sometimes we even surprise ourselves.
Whether it’s switching up an entire career, or launching a first business, some of today’s best industry leaders and entrepreneurs have found their success by taking big risks and forging new paths.
Our guests today discuss educational expectations, lightbulb moments, and discovering their own strengths.
- Julie Wainwright, Founder and CEO of luxury consignment juggernaut The RealReal.
- Julia Collins, Founder and CEO of Planet FWD, a company helping to reverse climate change by making craveable snacks from regenerative ingredients.
- Candace Nelson, Founder of Sprinkles Cupcakes.
- Dr. Odette Harris, MD MPH, professor of neurosurgery at Stanford -- America’s first black female tenured neurosurgery professor ever.
- Amy DuRoss, Co-Founder and CEO of Vineti, a company that’s defining a whole new software category for precision medicine therapy management by enabling vein to vein supply chain documentation and analytics for these breakthrough new therapies.
- Michelle Phan, Founder of EM Cosmetics and YouTube makeup artist.
- Glo Harris, an executive and leadership coach who has worked with many Fortune 100 companies.
Want more WoVen? Check out all our episodes here and wherever you get your podcasts.